The ICWL-SETE 2018 Doctoral Consortium (DC) is a forum where doctoral students can present, discuss, and get feedback on their research, as well as develop and extend their doctorate dissertation, on Web based learning and Technologies for Education.
The DC is intended mainly for those PhD students who have a clear research topic and approach, and some preliminary results as well, and whose research can still benefit from the consortium feedback.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to) the topics listed on the ICWL 2018 and SETE 2018 websites (see ICWL 2018: http://www.itsci.mju.ac.th/icwl2018/call-for-papers.html SETE 2018: http://www.itsci.mju.ac.th/SETE2018/call-for-papers.html).
All contributions submitted to DC will be reviewed by the Doctoral Consortium Program Committee (DC-PC) and the accepted ones will be presented on DC sessions. All accepted DC-papers will be included into the SETE 2018 proceedings which are published as a volume in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
According to the DC-PC chairs decision, right after the acceptance notification, one member of the DC-PC will be specifically assigned to each accepted contribution, with the aim to provide the student with a feedback and further remarks about her/his work. This mentoring activity will support the preparation of the final contribution of the student.
Special sessions of the conference will be dedicated to the Doctoral Consortium. Each selected student will have 30 minutes for her/his presentation and discussion.
1) The application to the Doctoral Consortium takes the form of a 5-6 pages paper, produced according to Springer Authors Guidelines (http://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines). The paper in PDF format should be submitted http://doctcons2018.edi.fmph.uniba.sk/
The submitted paper must include:
- Three keywords
- Motivation of the research
- Related work
- Main research questions and description of the undertaken research
- Advancements that can be derived in the field of interest, by the proposed research
(Regarding the authors, this year the ICWL-SETE-DC is admitting the presence of the advisors in the list of authors).
2) The submission will have to be supported by a letter, sent by the doctoral student's advisor to the DC-chairs at the email
address of the chairs: Zuzana Kubincová <firstname.lastname@example.org
Preben Hansen < email@example.com>,
Marco Temperini <firstname.lastname@example.org> The email should have "
The email should have "DC2018-letter - <student's name and surname>" in the subject header. The letter should state:
- that the advisor supports student's participation in the DC
- how close is the doctoral dissertation proposal to be completed, and by when the thesis defense is expected
Both the submission and the supporting letter must be received by 11:59pm PDT, April 30, 2018.
The submission of a Doctoral Consortium paper does not prevent the student from submitting, alone or in collaboration, an extended research paper, or a poster, to the ICWL conference or co-located SETE workshops/tracks. All submissions will undergo the usual anti-plagiarism check.
Deadline for application: April 30, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2018
Deadline for Camera Ready and Registration: Jun 15, 2018
Doctoral consortium: August 22-24, 2018
Zuzana Kubincová, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
Marco Temperini, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Preben Hansen, Stockholm University, Sweden